Home , � A woman's unending quest to catch a glimpse of her son in prison

A woman's unending quest to catch a glimpse of her son in prison

SRINAGAR, APR 28 : Bail orders granted to detainees booked under Public Safety Act (PSA) by the courts are generally not responded to by the authorities. Ailing Hajra Bano, a widow is fighting for the justice for her son. Having no source of income the old lady finds it hard even to survive. Hailing from Malbagh, Hazratbal (Srinagar), she somehow manages to fight for her son. " Life for me has been too cruel. I lost my husband and now when I could pin hopes on my son, destiny had something else for me". Controlling her tears, she continues, " I have to travel far and wide just to have a glimpse of my son that he is fine". Taking a pause and moving few steps back, she maintains, " My pains seem unending." Hajra's son Mehraj- ud -Din was booked under PSA, the detention that was later quashed under release order No. 30th October 2003 J & K High Court, Srinagar. The order of detention was vide No. DMS/ PSA/ dated 02 - 07 - 2002. Petition was, however, allowed on 28 - 10 - 2003. Superintendent Central Jail, Kot- Balwal was directed to release the detainee forth will, the court papers read. But so far the detainee has not been set free. Though he has been transferred to Srinagar jails, his mother finds it difficult to trace him. "Transferring him from one jail to other, now lying in a jail within the premises of the city", his mother tearfully stated " This is the way human rights are honoured in the state. Being feeble and handicapped, I can not run from post to pillar to know about the whereabouts of my son. Financially also I am not sound to arrange for the required formalities, time and again. But the law of the land fails to see all this."

0 comments to "A woman's unending quest to catch a glimpse of her son in prison"

Leave a comment